The following information is courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program, designed to elicit as broad an adaptational response as possible. It is a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of the 10 recognized fitness domains:
Aim of CrossFit:
- To forge a broad, general and inclusive fitness.
- To prepare people for the unknown, and the unknowable.
- Our speciality is not to specialize!
Constantly varied, high intensity, functional movement.
- Universal motor recruitment patterns, performed in a wave of contraction from core to extremity.
- Multi-joint, natural and effective movement of body and external objects.
- Capacity to move large loads over long distance, and do so quickly.
CrossFit increases work capacity across broad time and modal domains.