Aim of CrossFit:
- To forge a broad, general and inclusive fitness.
- To prepare people for the unknown, and the unknowable.
- Our speciality is not to specialize!
Constantly varied, high intensity, functional movement.
- Universal motor recruitment patterns, performed in a wave of contraction from core to extremity.
- Multi-joint, natural and effective movement of body and external objects.
- Capacity to move large loads over long distance, and do so quickly.
CrossFit increases work capacity across broad time and modal domains.
CrossFit in 100 Words
■ Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds,
some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep
intake to levels that will support exercise but
not body fat.
■ Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean,
squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly,
master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups,
dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to
handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds.
Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast.
■ Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns
as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy.
Keep workouts short and intense.
■ Regularly learn and play new sports